Hello and welcome to this blog! My porposes for writing these updates on my health and doctor’s visits etc. is not for sympathy and to ask for prayers, but because it is easier for me to inform you of the tests and proceedures that I will be doing and what to expect.
Today at 1:00 P.M., I will be taking a COVID-19 test, which my GI Doctor says I will need if we were going to go through with Gallbladder surgry (from what I understand), which I will get to later in future updates, and even if I don’t rest assured, I will teach you about what to expect you ever had to get one regardless. Now, this video is a well-detailed video, telling us the different types of tests you can get:
- The nose-swab test which is used to detect the virus before you even experience symptoms;
- The nose-swab test that detects the virus about approximately 10 days after you experience the symptoms (learn more here)
- The blood test which helps you and your physician know if you have ammunity to the virus.
I would encourage you to pray about taking the second test if you are experiencing symptoms, the first test if you don’t know and are not, or the third if you think you are immune or are just curious. Pray about it. Don’t do this based on your own understanding but under the command of the Lord (Proverbs 3:5-7).
I will also be leaving our home at 6:30 A.M. in the morning next Tuesday to do an endoscopy.
Again, the reason why I wrot this is not for sympathy or anyth–not even pray, although the more prayer I get, the marrier, so I won’t stop anyone from doing so and don’t speak against your actions (I myself do this when others post an update about themvs). So I’ll leave you with some prayer points for these proceedures.
- I am experiencing mild symptoms of a cold (very mild–usually when I have one, I’m losing sleep, but today I’m nipping it in the bud, as we say), but still might be taking the first COVID test. Pray that the Holy Spirit broods, even now, over the medical staff performing the test. Pray that no matter the results, God gets the glory. Unlike others, I’d not mind if doctors got results of tests so that I’m properly treated by my physicians, although I don’t trust only in them but in the ultimate physician, namely, Jesus. I want you to ultimately pray that God’s will is done, not ours because we know so little about ourselves compared to our Lord.
- For the endoscopy, again, only pray for God’s will to be done. My family–both flesh-and-blood and Church, would like for there to be no results. We’ve prayed such in the past, but God knows what He’s doing and wants what’s best for me. Ultimately, be led by the Spirit in these endeavors.
I forgot to tell you, but remember when I posted about taking stool samples and a colonoscopy? Well, the results came back. The stools showed signs of inflammation, and the article just linked to will help you understand what this means. Again, here are some prayer points:
- Pray that the Holy Spirit broods over Dr. Nusrat (my GI Doctor), and that he receives wisdom from alv as to how to treat whatever “colitis,” I have.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit broods over him even now and that the Lord begins to help him come closer to the Lord (I am not just praying for myself but all involved).
- Also, pray for any others that may be involved in the treatment. Pray that God gets the glory in whatever happens.
- Pray that whatever appointments I have, the Lord gives me wisdom also and that I am not anxious but am able to practice what I reiterate in this blog so many times: being led by the Spirit and trusting Him.
Thank you for reading this blog and reading the resources I linked to above. Also, thank you in advance for your prayers. Feel free to comment below any feedback or prayer requests. This is more than a “blog,” as one would call it, but I consider you also like family. God bless!