I want to share with you a new podcast from The Activist Mommy who can be found at http://www.elizabethjohnston.org where you can also subscribe to her newsletter. The first episode of this podcast discusses her thoughts on the election chaos, where she tells us to tell the nation to repent, fear not, and make sure your confidence is in God and God alone.
The next episode is where she discusses the lessons she learned in 2020 and why she did the Daniel Fast. The things she talks about give me an even more insightful take on life. Here are the points she discusses in this podcast, all of which must be prayed about for ALL of us, even if we think it doesn’t apply to us:
- Have faith in the promises that God has given you for this season.
- Political systems of this world can be shaken, but God’s kingdom cannot (Hebrews 12:28).
- “The power of surrender and relinquishing control,” as Elizabeth Johnson puts it.
- In these turbulent times, intimacy with Christ has never been more important. Be careful in what we are involved in that we don’t sacrifice our intimacy with Christ (2 Chronicles 16:16).
The last podcast talksts about how to maintain your peace in the wilderness. Here are some points:
- Not every wilderness is from the devil. Repent quickly if your wilderness is because of sin in your life. Also, humble yourself. If we need to learn some things and that is why the wilderness happened, learn from Joseph.
- God raises up leaders and brings them down. Can God find you faithful?
- Don’t fight the wilderness training. Rest in the wilderness. Surrender!
- If we are willing to pay the price, great things are around the corner. How bad do you want to be used by God?
- As you are walking through your “red sea,” you have to learn what God wants to teach you. This is perfect for this nation, as we are in a “Red Sea moment,” as this video shares.
- Don’t fall into self-pity. Remember when Jesus was going to the Cross and people were weeping and He said, “Don’t weep for Me. Weep for yourselves.” (Luke 23:28).
- It’s not the person. It is the thing they are operating in.
- There is no room for self-absorption. Help others in your time of crisis (Luke 23:48). Do something outside of yourself.
- When Jesus was hanging on the Cross for us, He relinquished control to the Father (Luke 23:46).
- Your response to the wilderness is holiness, not what you wear or eat.
- Don’t fight the contractions or you will stall the labor.
- Ending verse: 2 Peter 2:18-23).
Again, here is the last podcast for this blog. This podcast if you are not an Apple user can be found on Spotify. Thank you for reading this blog and watching these episodes with me. If you enjoy these podcasts, please subscribe and write a review and if you enjoy this blog, please write your feedback in the comments below. God bless!